Bet on Games Holdings has confirmed its intentions to open a casino in New York Downstate and has set up an investment fund to enter the bidding process.
As well as securing ‘other upcoming brick and mortar casino opportunities’, BOGH has identified New York as a key market for success, but with up to three licenses available at present, the bidding process is bound to be competitive.
BOGH has joined several other bidders in the competition. Up to date, Wynn, Caesars, and a group consisting of Saratoga Casino Holdings, the Chickasaw Nation’s Global Gaming Solutions, and Legends Global Planning have all thrown their hats in the ring to obtain one of the three licenses.
At the beginning of October, the New York Gaming Commission made appointments to a Gaming Facility Location Board, which will help to select the three licensees.
Quenia A. Abreu, Vicki L Been, and Stuart Rabinowitz were unveiled as the members of the board on a mission to issue an RFA, develop the criteria to best assess applicants, oversee investigative hearings concerning the conduct of gaming and gaming operations, set the license fee price and promulgate all rules and regulations.
The evaluation process has been disclosed and is made up of four key components. 70% of the evaluation is on economic activity and business development, and the remaining 30% will be equally split amongst local impact, workforce enhancement and diversity framework.
And it is the latter on which BOGH is pitching itself to the board. A minority-owned gaming and entertainment company, the firm stated that it is ‘well positioned’ to meet this criterion as it seeks partner operators to bid with.
The evaluation and selection process details that the applicants must have workers from multiple backgrounds such as minorities, women and service-disabled veterans in permanent and part-time jobs at the applicant’s gaming facilities.
BOGH has disclosed that it aims to build an inclusive team to launch a bid and open a casino.
“With secured capital and over 30 years of expertise in the development and operations of land-based casinos, BOGH is well-positioned in the industry to become a valuable equity partner for any potential bidders seeking a more inclusive team,” stated Dennis Cotto, Principal of BOGH.