The Week 4 matchup between the undefeated Arizona Cardinals and Los Angeles Rams might help bring clarity to the NFL season, according to TheLines, which tracks odds in US regulated sports betting markets.
A consensus of the nation’s largest legal online sportsbooks – including BetAmerica, BetMGM, Caesars, DraftKings, FanDuel, PointsBet, SugarHouse, and Unibet – suggests that the Rams currently stand as six-point home favorites against the Cardinals in an early-season showdown in Los Angeles. Both are 2-1 against the spread so far this year.
Los Angeles opened the season at +1500 to win the Super Bowl. However, after beating the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last Sunday, the Rams’ Super Bowl odds moved to +800, joining the Kansas City Chiefs, Bucs, and Buffalo Bills as one of four teams being offered at less than +1000.
Meanwhile, after the Cardinals defeated the Jacksonville Jaguars, they moved to +2500 to win the Super Bowl after opening the season at +4800.
Another unbeaten team, the Denver Broncos, are one-point home favorites this weekend over the Baltimore Ravens, who remain among the top picks to win the Super Bowl at +1300. The Broncos have moved to +3000 to win the Super Bowl after opening at +5000.
Brett Collson, lead analyst for TheLines.com, commented: “With a Buccaneers-Patriots showdown, a matchup of unbeatens, and more, the NFL Week 4 schedule offers a particularly interesting slate.
“One of the hallmarks of the early NFL season is how quickly perceptions can change. The Rams, Cardinals, and Broncos all have an opportunity to cement their status as contenders.”
The consensus point spreads for Week 4 games, as of September 27:
- Jacksonville Jaguars at Cincinnati Bengals (-7.5); over/under 45.5
- Washington Football Team at Atlanta Falcons (-1); over/under 48.5
- Houston Texans at Buffalo Bills (-17); over/under 48
- Detroit Lions at Chicago Bears (-3.5); over/under 44
- Carolina Panthers at Dallas Cowboys (-4.5); over/under 50
- Indianapolis Colts at Miami Dolphins (-1.5); over/under 43.5
- Cleveland Browns (-1) at Minnesota Vikings; over/under 52.5
- New York Giants at New Orleans Saints (-8); over/under 43.5
- Tennessee Titans (-7.5) at New York Jets; over/under 46
- Kansas City Chiefs (-6) at Philadelphia Eagles; over/under 55
- Arizona Cardinals at Los Angeles Rams (-6); over/under 53.5
- Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers (-3.5); over/under 50.5
- Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos (-1); over/under 44.5
- Pittsburgh Steelers at Green Bay Packers (-7); over/under 47.5
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-6) at New England Patriots; over/under 49
- Las Vegas Raiders at Los Angeles Chargers (-3); over/under 52.5