Igaming platform provider BtoBet has teamed up with Brazilian operator PlayRobinHood.com to launch a charity initiative in Brazil intended to help those most in need during the current health crisis.

Quiz Contra O Corona – Quiz Against Corona – has been created to ensure that all jackpot proceeds from the game are funneled back into the community, with 75% of the amount wagered immediately donated to charity organizations. The remaining 25% will be added to the jackpot total.

Bo Grujicic, PlayRobinHood.com’s founder, said: “Once this health crisis is over, and in the circumstance that the jackpot has still not been won, the jackpot prize in its entirety will be donated.” 

BtoBet’s role in the initiative will be aiding PlayRobinHood in providing the platform technology, and UI and UX development pro bono.

A number of Brazilian personalities have become involved in the initiative to help the community, among them Leandro Castán da Silva, the Brazilian international footballer who currently plays for Vasco da Gama.

Asked about the idea behind game, Grujicic stated: “We took the decision to stick to our brand identity, which is based on social responsibility. At the same time we are still providing the players with the opportunity to entertain themselves through the jackpot game, having the possibility to win a big prize in return for a small entry fee, intended wholly for charitable purposes.”

BtoBet CEO Alessandro Fried described the initiative launched by Grujicic and his team as commendable, saying: “We immediately decided to partner with the team from PlayRobinHood, taking care of the platform provision and all the assistance needed to create the Quiz Contro O Corona.

“It is truly heartening to be an integral part of an initiative where social responsibility is placed at the forefront where helping those in need – especially those people who have had to shoulder financial burdens due to the pandemic – is the only purpose.”