Five innovative startups from the sports betting industry have won places in the final of the SBC First Pitch presented by Wagers.com pitch competition at this week’s SBC Summit North America.
Each of them will have the opportunity to pitch their business plans to a panel of investment experts on December 2, 2021, the final day of the leading sports betting and igaming event in North America at Meadowlands Exposition Center, New Jersey.
The winner will secure a prize package valued at more than $90,000 to help its development and growth plans.
The five finalists taking part in the SBC First Pitch presented by Wagers.com contest are:
- Locker: a tech platform that centralizes premium sports content and betting for fans through an agnostic application linking content habits to more personalized betting opportunities.
- Parleh Media Group: a digital media company that demystifies sports betting for fans with easily-understood, entertaining and informative videos across the spectrum of sport and culture, supporting top-of-the-funnel customer acquisition for its partners.
- Narrativa: an AI technology specialist for automated generation of sports betting content.
- Rush Sports: a white label in-game betting engine.
- SharpRank: an independent sports betting rating agency, which leverages proprietary metrics, data science, and ratings to expand the total addressable market it services.
To decide the winner, SBC has assembled a judging panel with significant expertise in venture capital investments within the sports betting industry. It comprises Lloyd Danzig (Managing Partner, Sharp Alpha Advisors), Chris Grove (Angel Investor), Kiki Mills Johnston (Partner, Drive by DraftKings), Chad Stender (Partner, SeventySix Capital), and Davis Catlin (Senior Managing Director, Las Vegas Sands Corp).
The contest will be hosted by Ashley Rodriguez, Senior Reporter, Future of TV for Insider.com.
Sue Schneider, VP of Growth & Strategy at SBC, said: “The overall quality of the entries for the SBC First Pitch presented by Wagers.com competition was outstanding, and each of the five finalists has a compelling story to tell. It’ll be fascinating to see which company our experts select as the overall winner.”
The winner’s prize package includes:
- $50,000 investment from Sharp Alpha Advisors and Eilers & Krejcik Gaming ($25,000 from each)
- A one year subscription to the Eilers & Krejcik Sports and Emerging Verticals market research service, which is worth $20,000
- A media and events package from SBC to promote the business, valued at $18,500
- A logo design or web page design by Vegas Kings, worth up to $2,800
- One-on-one consultation with Stadia Ventures and SeventySix Capital principals
All delegates at SBC Summit North America will have access to spectate at the SBC First Pitch presented by Wagers.com contest, which forms part of the event’s Capital & Growth track.
About SBC Summit North America
SBC Summit North America 2021 takes place from November 30 to December 2 and features eight high-level conference tracks addressing key issues related to industry leadership, technology, regulation, payments & compliance, the future of sports betting, igaming, marketing strategies, and investment.
The 2,500 senior executive delegates set to converge on Meadowlands Exposition Center for the event can also look forward to a trade show floor where all the latest industry innovations are showcased, and exclusive evening networking parties at Jay Z’s 40/40 Club in Manhattan, the MetLife Stadium, and NYC’s Edison Rooftop bar.
Visit the SBC Summit North America website for further information about the show and to book tickets.
For press enquiries, please contact Cristian Robalino ([email protected]) or Martyn Elliott ([email protected]).