Resorts Casino Hotel in Atlantic City is celebrating its fortieth year of gaming, with a lineup of celebratory events and performances at the property.
In honour of welcoming guests through its doors and to experience the city’s famous boardwalk for such a significant period, Resorts has a variety of plans for the Memorial Day Weekend, beginning Friday May 25 and climaxing Monday May 28.
Amongst the festivities planned is a live performance from the Village People, a showcase of its renowned Beach Ball Drop, a beachfront firework display and several other throwback promotions and events throughout the whole bank holiday weekend.
Mark Giannantonio, President and CEO of Resorts Casino Hotel, explained: “We are thrilled to kick off our anniversary celebration with an outstanding performance and summer event lineup; however, more importantly, honour our guests and employees who supported Resorts and the evolution of Atlantic City over the past 40 years.
“It is a privilege to be a part of the creation of gaming in Atlantic City, taking it from a small gambling town in 1978 to what it is today – a multi-faceted industry providing countless visitors with first-class retail, dining and entertainment experiences.
“Our 40th anniversary is a celebration of Resorts’ success, and we look forward to commemorating this exciting time in our history by hosting three months of can’t-miss entertainment and promotions.”
In the lead up to the event Resorts, under the management of Mohegan Sun following an agreement with owner Morris Bailey, has detailed over $100m of investments to transform the property over the last five years.
Aiming to cement it as a “vibrant destination with offerings beyond casino gaming,” expansions include:
- The $35 million Jimmy Buffett Margaritaville and Landshark Bar & Grill Entertainment Complex, which opened in May 2013
- The July 2014 opening of Quickbites Food Court
- A first-of-its-kind iGaming Lounge solely dedicated to the online gaming experience, which launched in April 2015
- A completely remodeled casino floor adding over 800 new slot machines
- A $5 million Conference Center, which opened in August 2015, adding 12,000-square-feet of meeting and event space to Resorts, featuring state-of-the-art technology with 90″ LED 1080P monitors in every conference room and the ability for up to 500 meeting attendees to wirelessly connect simultaneously
While this year a $25m room renovation, feature a revamped Ocean Tower with new bathrooms, furniture, windows and decor, is also set to be finalised.