The Canadian Gaming Association (CGA) has appointed four new members to its Board of Directors during its annual general meeting last week. They comprise Scott Burton, CEO, FansUnite Entertainment Inc; Neil Erlick, Chief Corporate Development Officer, Nuvei; Jeffrey Haas, SVP, International Strategy, DraftKings Inc; and Chuck Keeling, EVP, Stakeholder Relations and Responsible Gaming, Great Canadian Gaming Corporation.
Burton oversees the overall business vision and framework, global operations, corporate strategy, and development at FansUnite. He served as the CEO of Askott Entertainment prior to its 2020 merger with FansUnite.
Erlick oversees strategic business development in key industry verticals, corporate partnerships, as well as enhancing Nuvei’s overall growth in the North American regulated gaming market. He has 20+ years’ experience in payments, sports and entertainment and has facilitated partnerships with professional sports teams and leagues, as well as brokered transformational deals in high growth digital sectors.
Haas has 20+ years’ experience helping build some of the largest digital and terrestrial gaming businesses in the world, including DraftKings, PokerStars, the World Poker Tour (WPT), Asia Pacific Poker Tour (APPT), European Poker Tour (EPT) & PartyPoker.
Keeling, who was retained by Great Canadian Gaming to oversee its horse racing interests, was appointed Executive Vice President, Stakeholder Relations and Responsible Gaming in 2019, with enhanced responsibilities supporting the company’s BC properties.
Carrie Kormos, Chair of the Board, said: “That the CGA Board added four new members is a testament to the Association’s exponential growth in 2021. We welcomed 18 new members and diversified by adding sports betting and eSports operators, payment companies, and many non-gaming suppliers.
“This will provide the CGA with an opportunity to act as a convenor for the industry as a whole and build collaboration during this exciting period in Canadian gaming.”
Paul Burns, President and CEO of the CGA, added: “I am pleased to welcome Scott, Neil, Jeffrey and Chuck to the CGA Board of Directors and believe their experience will help the association implement its operational strategy as we move out of COVID.
“These seasoned professionals have strong track records as trusted leaders in the gaming industry, and they will provide invaluable insight as we look to launch a regulated igaming market in Ontario and single-event sports betting across Canada.”
The Full 2021/2022 CGA Board of Directors comprises
- Scott Burton, CEO, FansUnite Entertainment Inc.
- Danielle Bush, Counsel, McCarthy Tetrault, LLP
- Dean Ehrlich, Executive Vice President & Games Business Leader, Everi
- Neil Erlick, Chief Corporate Development Officer, Nuvei
- David Flinn, Regional Vice President Sales, Canada, South & Central America, IGT
- Jeffrey Haas, SVP, International Strategy, DraftKings Inc.
- Ilkim Hincer, EVP & Chief Legal Officer, Hard Rock International
- Chuck Keeling, EVP, Stakeholder Relations and Responsible Gaming, Great Canadian Gaming Corporation
- Carrie Kormos, Chief Marketing & Communication Officer, Gateway Casinos & Entertainment
- Adriane McGrath, Vice President, Business Development, Konami Gaming Inc.
- Bob Parente, EVP & Chief Revenue Officer, Scientific Games
- Rob Scarpelli, Managing Director, HLT Inc.
- George Sweny, Vice President Regulatory Affairs, Flutter International
- Richard Taylor, President, Niagara Casinos
- Shelley White, President & CEO, Responsible Gambling Council