SBC Summit North America 2021 is to showcase the innovation and creativity of startups from the US sports betting industry when it hosts the SBC First Pitch presented by Wagers.com pitch competition.
The competition will form part of the event’s Capital & Growth track on December 2, 2021, the final day of the leading sports betting and igaming event in North America at Meadowlands Exposition Center, New Jersey.
It will see five startups pitch their products and business plans to a panel of expert judges, with an audience of industry executives, product selection teams, and investors watching on.
The SBC First Pitch presented by Wagers.com winner will receive a prize package valued at more than$90,000 to help its development and growth plans. It includes:
- $50,000 investment from Sharp Alpha Advisors and Eilers & Krejcik Gaming ($25,000 from each)
- A one year subscription to the Eilers & Krejcik Sports and Emerging Verticals market research service, which is worth $20,000
- A media and events package from SBC to promote their business, valued at $18,500
- A logo design or web page design by Vegas Kings, worth up to $2,800
- One-on-One consultation with Stadia Ventures and SeventySix Capital principals
To decide the finalists and eventual winner of the contest, SBC has assembled a judging panel with significant expertise in venture capital investments within the sports betting space. It comprises:
- Lloyd Danzig – Managing Partner, Sharp Alpha Advisors
- Chris Grove – Angel Investor
- Kiki Mills Johnston – Partner, Drive by DraftKings
- Chad Stender – Partner, SeventySix Capital
The contest will be moderated by Ashley Rodriguez, Senior Reporter, Future of TV for Insider.com.
Sue Schneider, VP of Growth & Strategy at SBC said: “The spread of legal sports betting in the US has prompted a surge in startup activity and generated some highly creative ideas. In order to encourage the new businesses hoping to develop the next big industry product, we have launched the SBC First Pitch presented by Wagers.com contest.
“The finalists will all gain great exposure from this experience, while the winning company will also benefit from a fantastic package that will provide them with both useful investment and the support of some of the industry’s leading experts at a key stage of its development.”
How to enter SBC First Pitch presented by Wagers.com
There are eligibility requirements. Entrant companies must:
- have been founded no earlier than 2018
- be focused on the sports betting or online casino gaming industry
- have raised no more than $5m on outside financing
- Be able to have at least one representative from the company present on December 2nd at SBC Summit North America to present at the pitch competition.
Applications will be accepted from November 11 to November 19, with five finalists selected to pitch to the judges on December 2.
To apply, go to www.sbcevents.com/first-pitch
About SBC Summit North America
SBC Summit North America 2021 takes place from November 30 to December 2 and features eight high-level conference tracks addressing key issues related to industry leadership, technology, regulation, payments & compliance, the future of sports betting, igaming, marketing strategies, and investment.
The 2,500 senior executive delegates set to converge on Meadowlands Exposition Center for the event can also look forward to a trade show floor where all the latest industry innovations are showcased, and exclusive evening networking parties at Jay Z’s 40/40 Club in Manhattan, the MetLife Stadium, and NYC’s Edison Rooftop bar.
Visit the SBC Summit North America website for further information about the show and to book tickets.
For press enquiries, please contact Cristian Robalino ([email protected]) or Martyn Elliott ([email protected]).