With three of its Las Vegas properties having resumed business, MGM Resorts International has revealed it will reopen several of its resorts in the coming weeks. Luxor and The Shoppes at Mandalay Bay Place will reopen on June 25, followed by ARIA and Mandalay Bay Four Seasons Las Vegas on July 1.
The anticipated openings join Bellagio, MGM Grand and New York-New York, which restarted trading earlier this month and Excalibur which opens this week.
“It was exciting and emotional to see the energy in Las Vegas last week as we welcomed back our employees and reopened our doors to guests for the first time in months,” said Bill Hornbuckle, Acting CEO and President. “Our guests are having a great time and are thrilled to be back in the city they love. We are eager to get more of our employees back to work and enhance the Las Vegas experience with additional resorts.”
In a statement, MGM Resorts said its comprehensive “Seven-Point Safety Plan” reflects a multi-layered set of protocols and procedures. They have been designed in conjunction with medical and scientific experts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, protect customers and employees and rapidly respond to potential new cases.
The full plan can be reviewed at mgmresorts.com. The company added that it will continue to evaluate and evolve its safety protocols.
Key initiatives include employee screening, temperature checks and COVID-19 specific training as well as COVID-19 testing for employees as they return to work in partnership with the local medical community. Guests are strongly encouraged to wear masks, while for staff the practice will be mandatory.